One Millionth e-Visa
One Millionth e-Visa!
Since April 17, 2013, citizens of the 98 countries who are eligible for e-visa can obtain their visas approximately in 3 minutes through the Turkish Foreign Ministry’s Electronic Visa Application System (www.evisa.gov.tr).
As of March 11, 2014, the number of issued e-visas has reached to 950 thousand. The number is expected to reach to 1 million during March 2014.
On the occasion of this important milestone of the e-visa system, the applicant who will obtain the one millionth e-visa will be awarded with two Turkish Airlines round-trip tickets (N-Class) from the country of departure to Turkey.
• In 2013 approximately 35 million foreigners visited Turkey. With this figure, Turkey was the sixth most visited country in 2013 according to the UN World Tourism Organization statistics.
• Last year, 40 percent of foreigners who visited Turkey entered the country with visa, while 60 percent of them traveled visa-free.
• Turkish visa for tourism and trade purposes can be obtained through e-Visa application system as well as at Turkish diplomatic missions and border gates. While all foreigners can apply for visa at Turkish diplomatic missions, only citizens of particular countries on condition of meeting necessary requirements can obtain their visas through e-Visa system and at border gates.
• In accordance with the Law on Foreigners and International Protection, “sticker” and “stamp-type” visas will not be issued at the border gates in the long run and Turkish visa will be issued through electronic system.
• Through e-Visa Application System launched on April 17, 2013, approximately one million e-Visas were issued for citizens of the 98 countries during the first 11 months.
• It is possible to obtain e-Visa 7/24 at everywhere with internet connection. The applicants can obtain their visa after they fill the necessary information concerning their identity, passport and travel dates and pay visa fee online (if there is no exemption).
• e-Visa application process takes 3 minutes in average.
• e-Visa system is under an ongoing development taking into account the feedback from the users and our efforts are focused on widespread usage of the system.
• Within this framework, as from April 2014;
- Turkish, Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, Polish, German and Norwegian web pages will be available in addition to English, French and Spanish pages,
- Applicants will be able to pay their visa fees with their debit cards in addition to their credit cards,
- Family and group applications can be made collectively and tour operators can apply for group visa on behalf of their customers.
- Contracted airline companies will receive the e-Visa applications through their own system and obtain e-Visa for their customers through e-Visa system.
• Beginning from the end of March 2014, for foreigners who will arrive in Turkey without visa or e-Visa, e-Visa kiosks will be located and free “WİFİ” areas will be installed at the border gates starting from the Atatürk International Airport.
• e-Visa Application System is integrated with the data bases of Ministry of Interior and Ministry of Finance. Maximum measures are taken for the security of the system.
• Comments of the e-Visa applicants can be reached through e-Visa web site https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/comments/
• e-Visa system was awarded with “eTR” prize in the category of “e-Public Services” by the Grand National Assembly of Turkey.
• With e-visa system, working hours of visa departments of Turkish diplomatic missions and border gates are saved to a great extent.
Monday - Friday
09:00 - 12:30 / 14:00 - 17:00
Pon.-Pet. 09:00-12:30, 14:00-17:00
|1/1/2022||1/1/2022||New Year's Day|
|6/22/2022||6/22/2022||Anti-Fascist Struggle Day|
|7/9/2022||7/9/2022||Festival of Sacrifice|
|8/5/2022||8/5/2022||Victory and Homeland Thanksgiving Day|
|8/15/2022||8/15/2022||Velika Gospa HR|
|10/29/2022||10/29/2022||National Day of the Republic of Turkey|
|11/1/2022||11/1/2022||All Saints' Day|
|11/18/2022||11/18/2022||The Day of Remembering the Victims of the Croatia War of Independence and the Day of Remembering the Victims of Vukovar and Skabrnja|
+ 90 312 292 29 29